Aaron Solomon is the Managing Partner of Solomon & Co. and has been in active practice for over 20 years. He specializes in transactional work including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, exchange control regulations, competition laws, banking, investment funds, private equity, capital markets, and securities laws. He has a hands-on approach and his team has the ability to handle large and complex cross-border transactions. With over 2-decades of experience on cross-border transactions of all types and versatility across multiple practice areas, Aaron specializes in guiding clients across a complex Indian business and legal environment. Aaron is a member of the Association of Independent European Lawyers. He is the president of the Friends of the Tel Aviv University in India and is also an advisory member of the China-East Asia International Trade Disputes Settlement Advisory Committee.
Aaron was a partner at two major Indian law firms before joining Solomon & Co. He qualified as an advocate in the year 1995 and was ranked first in the all India Solicitor’s examination in 1996.
- Relevant experience:
In 2016, Aaron acted for Jain Irrigation on the largest private equity investment in the India agri-tech sector, a nearly 120 million US$ investment by Mandala Capital in Jain Irrigation.
- He also acted for Fonroche Energie S.A.S. in 2016 on one of the first M&A transactions in the solar energy space in India, namely the divestiture of two solar power Plants by Fonroche Energie S.A.S. to the Hinduja Group
- He is impaneled advisor to several banks and Financial services companies, including HSBC Bank, L&T Finance, Bank of Baroda and Bank of Maharashtra.
- He is actively involved in technology transactions of all kinds and encourages start-ups.
- He has assisted on several large transactions in the agri-business sector, the defense sector, and the renewable enter sector.
Aaron Solomon’s expertise includes:
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Joint Ventures & Collaborations
- Corporate & Business Laws
- Competition Laws
- Banking and Finance
- Investment Funds and Private Equity
- Capital Markets & Securities Laws
- Foreign Investment & Exchange Control Regulations